Planning your wedding in
St Katharine’s Church, Exbury
Now your wedding date is set, you may find these guidance notes helpful as you plan your service.
Orders of Service
These you will prepare with the help of your priest and the guidance notes enclosed.
Please do not send your Orders of Service to the printers until they have been discussed and approved by your priest.
Interviews with the priest conducting your wedding:
If you wish your wedding to be videod, please discuss this with your Priest and be aware that the Organist's fee is doubled.
- No flash photography during the service
- During the service, photographers/videographers may stand at the back of the aisle.
- The pulpit may NOT be used.
- We do not allow photographers/videographers either at the front of the church or in the chancel during the service.
- Once the service has begun, photographers/videographers should not walk around the church taking pictures of the congregation or the wedding couple.
- It is illegal to take pictures of the actual signing of the register, photographers/videographers will be invited into the chancel to take posed shots when the signing is completed.
- If there is to be a video recording, fees for the organist will be doubled, in accordance with RSCM recommendations. If musicians, other than the Abbey Church Choir, are performing, their fees are the responsibility of the couple and may also be increased.
Within the churchyard we allow you to throw ONLY biodegradable confetti or flower petals.