Planning your wedding in
The Abbey Church of the Blessed Virgin and Holy Child, Beaulieu
Now your wedding date is set, you will find these guidance notes helpful as you plan your service.
Interviews with the priest conducting your wedding:
You will meet with Father John or the priest conducting your service, twice, the first time after your marriage booking is confirmed, and again in the weeks leading up to your wedding.
Orders of Service
These you will prepare with the help of your priest and the guidance notes enclosed.
Please do not send your Orders of Service to the printers until they have been discussed and approved by your priest. Bring your Orders of Service to your wedding rehearsal (usually the evening before your wedding) to give Fr John (and the choir if you are having one) a chance to see them before the wedding service.
If you decide you would like the choir, please make 16 copies of the Order of Service available for them. Just the inside is all they need, not necessarily the cover as well.
All flower arrangements must be discussed with Jo Cooke-Hurle.
If you are arranging for your wedding to be videoed, please discuss with your priest and be aware the organist’s fee is doubled (RSCM approved rate)
Photos in the Cloisters
They will then check the availability and get back to you. Please do not send this e mail more than two months before the date of your wedding.
Within the churchyard we allow you to throw ONLY biodegradable confetti or flower petals.
If you are leaving the church to go into the cloisters, the Beaulieu Estate has a ‘NO CONFETTI policy’
Throughout 2020/2021 we will have Wedding Q&A Sessions in the Abbey Church straight after the 9.30am Sunday Service when you will be able to find answers to all your questions. These are an opportunity for you to meet Father John, the Organist, the Music Director and the Flower Team Leader. You will be contacted when the next event is due.
Photography and Videography at your Wedding within Beaulieu Abbey Church
We hope these comments will prove helpful in the smooth planning of your special day.
- No flash photography during the service.
- During the service, photographers/videographers may stand at the back of the aisle, in the gallery and on the steps up to the pulpit. (They must wear flat shoes if using the pulpit steps.)
- The pulpit may NOT be used.
- We do not allow photographers/videographers either at the front of the church or in the chancel during the service.
- Once the service has begun, photographers/videographers should not walk around the church taking pictures of the congregation or the wedding couple.
- It is illegal to take pictures of the actual signing of the register, photographers/videographers will be invited into the chancel to take posed shots when the signing is completed.
- If there is to be a video recording, fees for the organist will be doubled, in accordance with RSCM recommendations. If musicians, other than the Abbey Choir, are performing, their fees are the responsibility of the couple and may also be increased.
- Neither Beaulieu Abbey Church nor the Beaulieu Estate permit the use of Drones for photography purposes.