Minutes of the PCC Meetings
Summary of Beaulieu PCC meeting 30th August 2018
In addition to usual committee matters the following were discussed:
- Working document for a Benefice wide Mission Action Plan accepted at the meeting, to include all aspects of church and community life. This will be finalised by October 2018 with the Archdeacon.
- Deanery Synod report: new lay training scheme to be run in the diocese this Winter
- Waterside Night Shelter scheme to be reviewed, to make appropriate changes, as there was very limited uptake last Winter
- Generous donations received specifically for projects are not available to offset continued shortfall of account balance. Finance committee is budgeting for an annual shortfall of £6000, which needs to be addressed as a matter of priority.
- Fabric: Our Grade One listed building requires constant work. These works currently include:- external walls to be repaired, re-pointed; the gate to church hall drive to be repaired; the Charles Sykes Triptych is currently under restoration for eventual permanent display in the Gallery Chapel and a screen or rail is planned for the Gallery Chapel. New handrails are to be fitted at East Door steps for safer access and smarter entrance and the present altar carpet is to be restored, to be placed within the church and new carpet installed at the Altar. Note that both theabove projects will not incur costs to the PCC. The kitchen has been refitted and the PCC thanks Mr Ted Fort and the Beaulieu Beaufort Foundation for the generous support given for this necessary improvement work.
- French drains have been installed by Beaulieu Estate in Church Meadow and gravel has been re-laid in the bottom parking area. It is hoped this will greatly assist parking through the winter months when otherwise the village car park may be the only alternative space.
- Safeguarding: all keyholders across the Benefice will be required to complete form
- Health and Safety policy reviewed and accepted for 2018/19
- Forthcoming social events to include Rector`s lunch (9.9.18) Harvest Supper (15.101.8) and Turkey and Tinsel (612.18) to be advertised in due course. Thanks given to the committee for all that they do
- Mr Peter Hackston will cease to be Director of Music at Beaulieu Abbey Church 1st September. His hard work and commitment is recognised and good wishes go to him. Robin Philips will oversee the choir temporarily until a new Director is appointed to this important role.
Next PCC meeting is 7th November 2018
Secretary Beaulieu PCC