Minutes of the PCC Meetings
In addition to usual committee matters the following were discussed:
- The Treasurer and Secretary were re-elected unanimously and working groups agreed. Notices are on church boards for these and list of PCC members for 2018-19.
- The PCC will support two main charities this year:
- Overseas: The Christian Blind Mission and Locally: The Hampshire Air Ambulance. Literature and information will be available in church shortly. We also hope to continue supporting the Womens Refuge with collections of items they require.
- The PCC agreed outline plans to target non-frequent church goers within Beaulieu and Bucklers Hard areas with a view to encouraging regular giving. This action is in response to the recurrent and increasing deficit, and depletion of our reserves.
- Dmap plan to be agreed at Deanery Synod later this year. Meanwhile the Dmap working group will focus on our issues and compile a working document.
- PCC agreed plans for refitting the kitchen in the Abbey church hall. It is hoped the work will be carried out in August.
- The policy not to allow drones to be flown over the Abbey and grounds continues.
- Several events are anticipated during the year, including songs of Praise in the Abbey on 12th August, and for the future a Son et Lumiere in May 2020. We would like to extend a welcome to all residents of the Parish with an event later this year. Details to follow.Next meeting: 30th August 2018 Secretary Beaulieu PCC