Minutes of the PCC Meetings
Summary of Beaulieu PCC meeting held 22nd February 2018
In addition to usual committee matters the following were discussed:
- Deanery Synod: next meeting 7th March 2018 at Marchwood, the topic “Working Together within our Deanery”.
- Pmap: Jane B-C. The committee will look at incorporating recommendations for the new Deanery plan with our own. At present they are looking at how we may encourage newer members of the congregation to become more involved with the church. Meeting for Lent based on Prayer, held twice a week, for anyone to attend. Coffee is served after Holy Communion in the church hall on first and third Wednesdays.
- The Electoral Roll will be revised as normal this year, with a full revision next year, and any regular churchgoer is asked to consider signing the relevant form to be added to our number. There is no commitment other than that of joining the community of the church; forms are available. Please speak to Father John or a church warden for more information.
- Treasurer`s Report and Draft Annual Accounts given. These were accepted by the PCC to be presented at the Annual Parochial Church Meeting on 23rd March 2018.
- Health and Safety: the full address and postcode of the Abbey Church will be on display on both notice boards in future to avoid any confusion with the Museum address. Visitors to the Abbey Church are asked to note that walking poles and sticks should have rubber ferules when used indoors and to be aware of the floor gratings. A reminder to take care as steps in the church are varying heights. Please ask if you need assistance, help will be at hand.
- Safeguarding: Jane B-C. BAC continues to ensure all hirers and regular users of the church and hall complete all necessary paperwork, which includes wording which complies with the National
- Safeguarding policy. This is essential, as it will not be possible to hire or use these if not signed.
- Fabric report. Works completed on ground gutters and buttress coping. Padlock fitted to the East Door and will be used when the church is closed to the public. The bee colony in the SW elevation will be removed in the Spring. The church closed 5th and 6th March for high level maintenance works: accessing bell rope, removing cobwebs, replacing every top light.
- A number of tasks and projects: three windows need repointing, boundary walls need repairs, gates to the church hall needs to be straightened so can be closed. The Sanctuary Lamp needs to be rehung and need to consider future lighting as LED lamps cannot be fitted to existing light fittings. While some of these need to be done as part of the Quinquennial inspection the PCC does not want to drain monies in the Preservation Fund for all work. It is necessary to maintain funds there for future expected works on our lovely old building.
- The Annual Parochial Church meeting will take place in the Abbey Church Hall on Friday 23rd March 2018 at 6.30pm. This is open to everyone who is on the Electoral Roll. Secretary Beaulieu PCC 25th February 2018